Final A380 departs Toulouse with a wing wave

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

The final A380 is destined for Emirates.

It departed Toulouse today for final completion at Airbus’ Hamburg plant.

Inquisitive
    Participant

So majestic!

I am really missing air travel – especially by A380.

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Sad but great clip Alex
    Couldn’t help but notice (unsurprisingly) the EK tail. With the departure of the 747 you’d think 380 operators would absolutely identify ways to create USP’s over the cram them into a crush brigade , focussing in on the Y offer especially. Stick a revamped 380 against a 10 across 777 and unless the price differential is significant then the airline that’s treating me with contempt can go and think again.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Good news for the sky and the passengers. But I have to admit at this stage of despair, I would look forward to flying even on a A380. Yes, that’s despair!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I agree with you canucklad.

The A380 is an ideal plane in these difficult times because it has the potential to provide economy passengers with extra space.

No A380 operator shows any sign of doing this although this might happen in future.

Nothing in aviation is set in stone.

But judging by Norse Atlantic Airways (see the Forum thread and the news piece posted online today) this airline is reverting to type.

LCCs face a particular problem because they must undercut to survive yet they can only undercut by having high load factors.

cwoodward
    Participant

Personally I never liked the aircraft and by most criteria was a failure only saved from being an unmitigated financial disaster by the middle eastern airlines.
    Perhaps the projects biggest failure was that it was useless as freighter.
    In my opinion an expensive ‘glory’ project that should never have been built.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Airbus has this afternoon released a video of the final A380 for Emirates departing Toulouse.

It lasts two mins. But the wing wave can be seen more clearly in the final 20 seconds of the video.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls