Fiji to remove all pre-flight testing requirements from May 1.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

The welcome change eliminates the need for fully-vaccinated visitors to undertake a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or rapid antigen test (RAT) prior to boarding their flight.
    This change will be a huge boost to both Fiji Airlines and the international tourism on which the economy so depends.

“The Fijian Government has continued to respond to data and science and moved quickly to make these changes, as more countries around the world also relaxed their protocols. There has never been a better, simpler time to come to Fiji than now.”

The airlines new acquired 4 X A350s and workhorse S330s are now looking again to whisk
    increased numbers of travellers to the Islands from the several destinations around Asia (HKG 6 times a week) US and Europe and of course Australia and New Zealand for which Fiji is an enduring favourite holiday destination.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I needed to check the date of your post cwoodward.

Are there any other countries still asking for PCR testing prior to being let in, December 2023.

ajs123uk
    Participant

Are you sure this isn’t old news and it’s May 1 just gone?
    I’ve just been to Fiji 2 weeks ago and there were no tests at all

cwoodward
    Participant

All, It now seems possible that my post is an error – as you mention ‘old news’ and if so I apologise

The email that I quoted from came into my inbox this morning from a source and journalist that I know personally. A normally very reliable source however it is possible that this IS old news sent out in error.
    However it does specifically mention 1st May 2024 and so I am left unsure……..

ajs123uk
    Participant

Well I definitely didn’t have to provide any proof of vaccination or provide any test results or do any tests 2 weeks ago

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

FCO website advises no Covid requirements….

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls