Feringgi Grill, Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang, Malaysia

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

During our stay at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Rasa Wing we had twice breakfast at the Feringgi Grill.

Please see also our hotel review. Breakfast is one of the many benefits included when staying in the Rasa Wing section of this memorable resort.

The fine dining restaurant was located on the first floor of the Rasa Wing and could be accessed via staircase or elevator.

We were warmly welcomed and brought to our table. It was round, large and covered with a white linen cloth and near the floor to ceiling windows, so we could enjoy a gorgeous view too.

The interior was elegant with a beautiful carpet.

We were advised that the buffet included all cold items and a menu was available for hot items.

We could request as many a la carte items as we liked.

A friendly waitress took our order for our cappuccinos, orange juice, Eggs Benedict and waffles.

We were asked what consistency of the eggs we wanted, which was a nice touch.

The buffet was on the smaller side, but had everything one could wish for from smoked salmon to yogurt, berries, pastries and much more.

One interesting item was the whole wheat croissant. My better half tried it and said it was very good.

The waffles were an indulgence and the Eggs Benedict one of the best we had so far.

All breakfast items were high quality and delicious.

The staff was attentive and friendly.

Once we were offered to try a typical savory local pastry. I don’t remember the name, but we very much enjoyed it.

Breakfast was something to look forward to and beside the overall experience a reason to return.

Would we recommend this restaurant for breakfast to a friend? YES!
    Would we want to eat our breakfast there again in our future? YES!

Jimmer7
    Participant

You should have gone back for dinner… it has one of the best reputations on the island as a high end restaurant. My wife and I had a fantastic stay here a couple of years ago and had a couple of evening meals at the Grill.
    The Caesar salad and Tomato soup entrĂ©es are two of the best I’ve ever had. They are both freshly prepared in front of you at your table. Mind you the steaks were pretty good to.

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

@Jimmer7, glad you had also wonderful dinner experiences at the Ferringi Grill while staying at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayan Resort & Spa. On our evenings we preferred to have in-room dining instead, especially after our Afternoon tea in the Rasa Wing lounge, which was very generous and later on we had drinks / snacks on the terrace. All is good and tasty at this Shangri-La.

We would stay again at this gorgeous resort in our future. Safe travels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls