Feb 29: Your Last Chance to EuroCheat

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

After you’ve asked your Beau to marry you, don’t forget to log on to your BAEC account and enjoy a sojourn in Europe.

Today is the LAST CHANCE to take advantage of the previously lower tier points thresholds available to those resident in Continental Europe, just 400TPs for Silver and 800TPs for Gold.

If you move today, you’ll be able to retain at what will be your current Euro-elite level for your next two years’ BAEC anniversaries.

So what’s the risk/downside?

Remember, you can’t move back within six months, this isn’t possible with Household accounts and you may lose your ability use your American Express 2for1 voucher, as well as the ability to credit Amex earnings monthly to BAEC.

You’ll also have to deal with the BAEC office in whichever country your account now resides in for BAEC issues, and will have to ensure someone can forward your BAEC card and luggage tags to you.

You can amend your address by signing in to your account and clicking here:

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/execamendprofile/execclub/_gf/en_gb?prim=execclub&sec=managacc

JulianCucumberpatch
    Participant

Thank you VK. And here is your free trip and upgrade.

Surely you do not spend so much time and energy defending and promoting BA for nothing?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Excellent post VK.

Keep them coming.

Ps – do you honestly think Julian that the BA would really want to publicise the above “short cut”?

VintageKrug
    Participant

No problem, MS.

Always happy to help other business travellers… 😉

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Now then, which address to use my town house in Paris or my Villa in Tuscanny. Decisions, decisions!!! :-))

Hi Martyn, how are you and Mrs S?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi JC, absolutely fine. Hope you are ready for some liquid intake next Wednesday or like me do you excuse yourself???

Hope this finds you in the best of health and my regards go baclk to Mrs C.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

What VK means, is this is your last chance to Britcheat, by pretending to be based in Europe.

Eurocheat is an offensive word to many of us who live in Europe.

RichHI1
    Participant

Interesting that BA chooses now to report and account through IAG in Euros which is a foreign currency yet classifies UK as outside Europe. Yet Israel and Turkey are classified in Europe accordign to BA. Maybe someone should buy them an Atlas. You’d think one of their pilots would have tipped them off.
    So VK can you “cheat” by substituting your UK address in Europe to an ISraeli one not in Europe, in order to qaulify for European rates.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

But Rich, Britain is not part of Europe and never shall be!

RichHI1
    Participant

Would that were true DoS.

I still hope the situation can be corrected before we have yet another European conflct.

VintageKrug
    Participant

We should invade Belgium. If only for the choccies.

RichHI1
    Participant

I know House of Krug was founded by a German but even so….

TheMidasGold
    Participant

I have done this previously. Don’t worry about losing your AMEX BA miles. Whilst I had membership in the Netherlands, the miles simply accrued on a monthly basis and when I changed my membership back to the UK, all the miles and my AMEX voucher were credited.

In addition, you can use an AMEX voucher if you are a non-UK member, but your journey has to start in the UK.

It’s definitely worth doing!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls