Falling fowl of codeshare flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

andrew.gill
    Participant

Hi

On September 29th 2010, I flew LHR SCL via GRU with TAM.

The LHR GRU sector was on a TAM flight, no problem with obtaining status and destination miles as a bmi Diamond Club member.

GRU SCL was ‘marketed as JJ8213 but operated by LAN as LAN 754’

BA tell me I’m not eligible for miles as it was only operated by a One World partner, not marketed as a One World flight and ..

bmi tell me I’m not eligble for miles as it was operated by LAN and their agreement with TAM doesn’t cover flights by LAN

When I flew home, both sectors were on TAM ‘branded’ flights so miles appeared within a week for both SCL GRU and GRU LHR

Am i really not eligible for points / miles from either alliance?

andrew

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I’ve just had a similar problem.

In November last, I flew BHX-ZRH-DRS return with LX. The ZRH-DRS-ZRH sectors were flown by Cirrus Airways. Despite having an LX code AND being shown as eligible for LH/LX Miles & More mileage, SK EuroBonus inform me that is not eligible for their points, despite the fact that SK, LH and LX are all part of Star Alliance.

This, apparently, is due to some small print in the SK Term & Conditions about codeshares that, clearly, I didn’t read….

This ambiguity may well cost me my EuroBonus Gold status so, as you can guess, I am less than pleased….

Regards,

Simon

VintageKrug
    Participant

re: “Falling Fowl”

I thought this post would have been about a terminal birdstrike…..

andrew.gill
    Participant

jaja, very good vk 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls