Face Recognition at Singapore airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I can vouch for the author of this article as I know him personally… Has it been expanded beyond SIN yet?

“SIN>BKK

Just boarded CX SIN-BKK with face recognition.

The overall process is fairly automated. The check of your passport at the boarding pass step uses face recognition and I had to remove my glasses.

Your face is scanned at the automated immigration for use at the gate. Use your thumbprint to ID yourself.

No need to remove electronics from bags. That said, it seems that everyone gets a physical pat down after the WMD.

At the gate they direct elites to show their passport and boarding pass the old-fashioned way but you can just wave them off and step sideways to use the automated boarding which uses the face recognition from the immigration clearing step. No need to keep your passport out this way.

Overall pleasant. Lots of staff to help and guide you through how to use automated step which is a double-edged sword. How will people learn to do it themselves if the staff are constantly asking for your passport for them to place on the machine, touching the screen for you, etc.

Should be interesting to see in a year.”

K1ngston
    Participant

I have not seen this yet, is it just CX Martyn??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls