Excellent Journey Times

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

David
    Participant

Travelling 4 to 6 times a year to India (from Sweden), I have always flown BA.

I widened my search this time around however and found that I can fly Finnair ARN to DEL saving 3 hrs 10 mins on the outbound and a whopping 6 hours 40 mins on the return (vs. flying via LHR on BA). Part of this savings is the allowable connection times in Helsinki (I have a 50 min only layover in HEL on the return from DEL – try making a 50 minute connection at LHR!) and of course the geography of flying a more northern route.

The prices are somewhat cheaper on Finnair than on BA (important but not my first or second consideration when choosing a flight) and the aircraft used on these flights offer the new fully-flat Business class seats.

What I like about the process of booking on the Finnair website is that you are able to choose your seat prior to paying (this way you can actually see what aircraft/product is offered as well as see whether the available seats are ones that are acceptable to you).

I don’t hold a Finnair Plus membership but dump the miles/points either into my Oneworld BAEC or AA accounts (depending on which account needs topping up at the time).

I will be flying Finnair for a quick 24 hour trip to Delhi next week.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls