Excellent customer service by Virgin Trains

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

BA4ever
    Participant

Evening all,

A couple of months ago I emailed Virgin Trains with a query and even I had forgotten all about it.

Today, I received a response from them with an apology for the delay and an offer of two first class round trip tickets.

Not bad at all, Virgin!

That is mightily impressive BA4ever. Was that a subtle invitation?

BA4ever
    Participant

He he! 🙂

My mother invited herself. To Glasgow! I offered Lake District or Manchester. We will see…

capetonianm
    Participant

A few weeks ago I bought a flexible Virgin Trains ticket for £108, on their website. Nearer the time of travel, as my plans had changed, I looked up the train times and realised I could get another ticket for £55 on a more suitable train, so I applied on-line for the refund on the first one, got an immediate confirmation that there would be a refund minus a £10 admin fee, so I’m still £43 up on the deal. I posted the tickets back on Tuesday as per their very clear instructions, and today received an email confirming that the refund was successful and would be processed to my credit card with a few days.

I don’t think that can be beaten for fair and efficient. Also, I’ve travelled on Virgin trains several times in the last few months and they seem to be cleaner and smarter than used to be the case in the past, and the onboard staff a lot more pleasant too.

Update: today the refund is in my account.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls