ex-Europe start in Amsterdam..

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

whilst I am travelling to Europe (FFM today) BA and avios works for me every time – just need to play the system to get cost effective fares.

However, I am not sure I will be staying with BA to BKK after this trip..

syclik5
    Participant

@ennybusiness – it is never 100% guaranteed that BA will receive a gate at the little “centralised” security area at the end of the D pier. On my last BA arrival from LHR to AMS 10 days ago, we had a “normal” D pier gate.

Not that it matters for the passenger heading back on the same plane – though in this case they will need to pass a security check at the gate.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Canucklad

You could do as suggested. Though should you de-plane at Heathrow and not take the final leg then a) if you have booked through an agent they will be billed the difference in the fare paid and the fare for the journey flown – most likely to be passed back to you. b) if you have booked direct on ba.com then they may not credit any avios or tier points for the journey flown. They may also block your IP address from making future bookings or blackmark your exec number. They may not – but as an agent they will bill us and threaten to pull all our negotiated fares with them (if corporates moan that there TMC’s don’t offer this – as people often don’t take there last legs – this is why – I could expand but this forum isn’t the place to say such things).

On the point of availability and fares – BA has different availability for different markets (yield management). So you might also find buying a ticket ex-Europe from a non UK vendor may give different (and perhaps better) availability than the UK counterpart. I have spoken to a colleague also on a Qatar Airways bookings who is based in Melbourne and looking at excatly the same time for the same flights I was showing 1 full fare Business Class seats for the flights we wanted to select. She could see every booking class in Business including the cheaper / restricted fares.

So in a nutshell, airlines don’t always make it easy for the consumer direct – or the agent trying to help the consumer.

canucklad
    Participant

Thanks for the info Tim.
    Sounds even more complex and confusing than trying to get a reasonable priced train ticket here in Blighty! lol

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – I’ve never had an issue checkin in a bag for the longhaul sector before the shorthaul sector.

I always present the second boarding pass and only mention the first sector, it check in staff notice.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Anthony and Martyn for the reply. I’m really amazed and would never have thought it possible.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cant believe its nearly a year since my last “free” BA Club World ticket. Just purchased my next Asia trip for Euros 1,700, but this time, due to a slight detour, it comes with sufficient avios for 14 free economy sectors or 7 free club Europe sectors.

If I manage another long haul before the end of the year, then there’s the same amount again….

European avios redemption flights are very useable.

Thank you very much BA…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls