Evacuation of BA0058 on stand (long!)

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• KarlMarx
    Participant

Golly!

I confess, after the boredom of one’s umpteenth trip, irrops like this can sometimes be quite a jolly diversion.

What an idiotic comment.

SimonS1
    Participant

Must admit I found it a bit smarmy and pompous but these things are best ignored.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

maybe not a “jolly diversion” but at least confirmation that the crew get most things right in difficult/unusual situations…a big difference between situations where the airline clearly does the best possible and where they quite frankly (see turkish posts) don’t care

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Yes, Dr Marx, ignore him. Unite, we have nothing to lose but pompous statements from the pompous.

KarlMarx
    Participant

maybe not a “jolly diversion” but at least confirmation that the crew get most things right in difficult/unusual situations

Yes, although probably frightening and a major hassle for the passengers, the crew would appear to have done a good job of evacuating the aircraft.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

ToH, Liz works in the financial world near St. Paul’s – it wouldn’t be correct to say more on a forum. One of her clients who stays in CPT for the “summer” was returning on this very flight. Would be an amazing coincidence.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

LP: I work near St Paul’s as well. Quite possibly in the same building, if I’m guessing right, but as my monicker suggests, in the financial world I am not.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

ToH, her client is not in the financial world, she is. The building is close to the Salvation Army HQ where the guys go to buy the ice creams in summer.

We’ll know Tuesday when I ask her to ask her client if he’s heard of LP and the BT forum! Even if you’re not him it’s still pretty remarkable I think that I know of two people on the same flight, both travelling in business as well and evacuated to the same hotel!

Have a great Easter.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I don’t think there’s a PM facility here, more’s the pity. If her client is in Goldman Sachs, we’re in the same building.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Definitely not you ToH, your unknown travel companion lives in Andorra and is in the investment world, but what a coincidence, both of you on the upper deck, with your wives, same flight and had to evacuate… I wonder if you chatted?

The world is small!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

+1 (very very small)

judynagy
    Participant

An incredible story, thanks so much for sharing it in detail. It will make many of us think twice about all the safety information we are given. Nice of you to laud the crew – I observed alot of screaming and yelling at LHR in the VS Clubhouse after a long-strung-out mechanical delay several years ago – and the staff were magnificent dealing with everyone. Reminds me that airline people are very well trained and diligent in taking care of us; it’s so easy to get hung up on a rude FA or surly gate person and forget the important stuff.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks for sharing, TOH. People can claim that BA provides no wow effect (rightfully in my view), but at least you know what you’ll get and, more important, they do manage well problems that inevitably occur.
    Time is precious I understand. But I think I would give a call to BAEC for these points, as a matter of principle.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Swissdiver – I did indeed send a gentle email, and BA gave Mrs TOH (or rather Doctor TOH) and myself 40,000 Avoids each, which I regard as fair. We hadn’t suffered any financial loss beyond a return flight to Amsterdam, and although we had been through a lot of inconvenience, didn’t think a demand for large amounts of cash was really in order.

Swissdiver
    Participant

TOH: Forgot to mention, but I fully agree. My comment was only for the AMS-LHR flight you missed. So I would as well feel happy with the Avios and would not claim more since BA seems to have done its utmost to deal with the situation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls