Eva Air B777-300ER Elite (premium economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

pixielonghaul
    Participant

I have flown Biz and Premium, better known as “Elite” with EVA. On my last flight in Biz I was disturbed for most of the night by noisy staff bashing the crockery and cutlery around ; so this time I elected to travel in Elite and boy was I glad I did. There was obviously co-pilot assessments going on in Biz Class and from the passenger I spoke to on arrival they were not amused. I was fine in Elite, fabulous seating though looking a little jaded but still comfortable. Service was excellent but the ladies found it hard to crack a smile which is unusual. Food much better than in Biz Class but a little too sweet for me, however the nice young man sitting next to me much appreciated my left overs. He had flown from Seattle on route to Thailand and upgraded to Elite in Taipei. He was a very tall man and found the seating fantastic and the price difference is minimal to get that extra comfort. My check in at Taipe was smooth as I had already booked in online and I very much appreciated that my bag was lifted onto the scales. As I am now retired I have never before found ground staff so helpful and again it started my journey off without the aggravation of struggling with bags. Boarding was almost on time just a few minutes delay. Flight arrival was delayed due to Bangkok airport being very busy, so we had a lovely low level tour around a big lake and over some beautiful hills before a smooth run into the airport. My bags were through very quickly and I was off on my long awaited holiday. Ten days later I experienced my first check in at Bangkok and again I was helped with bags, didn’t have any wait and was on my way through security in no time at all. The Eva Staff on duty at the check in were very pleasant and most helpful. Boarding was smooth for my return flight which was uneventful. Seating excellent, food reasonable though again beverages in short supply. For anyone considering using Premium Economy all I can say is that it is well worth the little extra to pay and arrive well rested. The seating is almost as good as in Biz but not the leg room of Biz. For a person who is wide at the hips then these seats are so much more comfortable than in econmy. I shall certainly be using EVA Elite Premium for future short or long haul trips. A useful tip for anyone travelling from Europe to Asia and visa versa. On the ticket for baggage it states 20 kilo but with Elite you can take up to 26 kilo, however for some regulation they are not permitted to put a higher rate ! Well worth checking with the airline direct to ensure exactly what the weight restrictions are. Different weights for the Americas.

stevescoots
    Participant

I agree, and I am also a fan of Eva.

what route were you taking? BKK-TPE?

pixielonghaul
    Participant

Yes I was on the Tpe to Bangkok and return, I usually go through to London. Do double check on the baggage allowance, I read somewhere today on an official site that it was 28Kilos, news to me and my travel agent was pleasantly surprised.

stevescoots
    Participant

what rates are you getting on LHR-TPE in business? I have looked at it a few times but always found the prices horrendous

pixielonghaul
    Participant

I have just had the quote for a trip this summer and dropped through the floor. I then listened to one of my students who has used Lufthanser and Swiss Air and found after hours of research that through my travel agent I I could get a ticket for under 120,000, infact 108 in one case and 118,000 in another quote, few tickets remaining, flat beds, double baggage travelling via Hong Kong and all in the same time frame almost. I missed out on a special last month which disappeared off my screen for EVA to Heathrow at almost half the price. Worth keep an eye daily on any more specials. Yep dumbfounded with the price increase so graabbed anything going before those prices go up too. Hope this helps.

stevescoots
    Participant

Thanks, i use QR into HKG every month but often go to TPE as well, so was thinking if I can get EVA into TPE at a good price well worth looking at

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls