Eurowings and other Lufthansa subsiduaries

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• transtraxman
    Participant

The “Eurowings Discovery” airline was set up by Lufthansa to take advantage of the long distance leisure market (something akin to “Condor”). It has not been as successful as hoped and so changes are on the cards.

“Germany’s EW Discover to rebrand,” (17-7-23, ch-aviation)

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/129759-germanys-ew-discover-to-rebrand

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Passenger numbers on their Frankfurt Windhoek flights are usually very high, so I guess this route is profitable for them. However, i do know a few Germans who fly via JNB with Lufthansa as they (mistakenly) perceive Eurowings Discover in general to be a low cost airline. I can understand why LH wants to rebrand it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

transtraxman
    Participant

Lufthansa´s subsidiary is becoming more chic and less staid.
    Eurowings becomes Germany’s first „sneaker airline”, (aviation24.be 21-07-23)

Eurowings becomes Germany’s first „sneaker airline”

transtraxman
    Participant

One way to enjoy the Oktober Bierfest or the winter sports in the Alps.
    “Lufthansa to provide additional services from London for Oktoberfest and winter travel”, (21-07-23 Travel Daily News International)

Lufthansa to provide additional services from London for Oktoberfest and winter travel

LuganoPirate
    Participant

“Lufthansa´s subsidiary is becoming more chic and less staid.
    Eurowings becomes Germany’s first „sneaker airline”, (aviation24.be 21-07-23)”

Ahh, nostalgia! Long gone are the days when they would wear high heels. I can’t quite get used to the idea of them wearing sneakers, though I’ll admit they are likely more comfortable than heels!!

1 user thanked author for this post.

transtraxman
    Participant

So at last Lufthansa cleared up what its strategy is to become with Eurowings for short and medium haul leisure routes, while Eurowings Discovery is to become the medium and long haul Discovery, while not low cost it will be cheaper than Lufthansa mainline.

“Lufthansa Groups’ leisure airline Eurowings Discover becomes Discover Airlines,” Aviation24.be 5-9-23

Lufthansa Groups’ leisure airline Eurowings Discover becomes Discover Airlines

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls