ET's managment of Bole Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• TheCount
    Participant

Bole has a new security system, at least it’s new since I last used it. Passengers alighting from arriving flights go through security before entering the terminal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse-run security channel. Even the Cloud 9/Star Gold line was pure, unadulterated chaos. Its staff, seemingly undertrained, were being expected to work in impossible conditions. Worse, the guy supposedly looking at the screen was filling in a log or writing something as luggage trundled by. If anyone it was scrutinising it, it wasn’t him. ET proudly boasts it “runs” Bole. Nobody it appeared was running security the day I went through. This was in a bad week for ET when its maintenance practises were under fire, allegations were being made about First Officers with barely 200 hours under their belts, and not long after alarming runway “excursions” as they’re politely known. I’ve always had faith in ET but the chaos, the pushing and shoving, really shook me this time. Is mismanaged security a symptom of a wider malaise – of an airline cutting too many corners and growing too fast for its own good?

Otte
    Participant

Arrived Bole at 0450 am from TLV.Many things have changed there since my last transit in January.Much bigger hall.
    One security line only for Economy and Cloud 9 plus other premium status holders.( all arrivals are screened before entering the gates areas,unlike before when security was done in a few spots along the gates.Was much better than.But now too big for that system.
    So you encounter zoo before you even arrived in the jungle.Pushing and shoving, passengers enter the line from all angels.Only one guy to screen and search.Total Shambels.
    I reported it to the receptionist in Cloud 9 lounge,who I must admit apologized,but said that they were “working on fixing the problem”…. i.e. Manning another security screening machine.There are 4.
    Great welcome to Ethiopia after a miserable night flight….
    I guess they have reached the point of starting to go down hill.Too big of an operation , common sense gone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls