Etihad on the fly now pay later

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

Etihad announced today a scheme allowing customers to pay for flights in monthly instalments.

Be interesting to see the take up on it

https://www.thenational.ae/business/aviation/etihad-scheme-allows-customers-to-pay-for-flights-in-monthly-installments-1.630252

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Novel concept, JohnnyG, but is it limited only to the UAE ?

And it’s another way in which Etihad can encourage more travellers to book direct.

capetonianm
    Participant

I am sure this is nothing new. In South Africa, to my certain knowledge, TAP had a scheme in the 70s called CrediTap. Many of the Portuguese customers used it for their flights back to their homeland.

Some came in with big stacks of banknotes smelling of mothballs and damp. We used to laugh at them for not trusting banks, now I think they were smart!

MarkivJ
    Participant

Desperate!!

canucklad
    Participant

Yeah nothing new, I’m sure airlines in the past, flexed their rules to allow people who could prove bereavement or close to bereavement an opportunity to fly.
    Not sure they are that flexible now though…..Computer says no type of thing !!!

KSHaggag
    Participant

I really find it hard to believe how ((( fast ))) Etihad has started to go downhill .Just recently they were advertising top notch products ,etc ,etc and here we are ,less than five years later ,the airline is showing every sign of demise !!!! it is a bit too misleading for customers who have shifted their loyalty over the few recent years to EY over supposedly better services ,better value for money and hopefully consistency !!! Alas …nothing of all this is here today !!!! ..trapped for cash ? Well,it is not the aim of this thread to investigate but I really am eager to know how brilliantly EY has managed to ruin Alitalia and erase its authenticity while just crying loudly so soon over ( ailing AZ ) !!!!
    What did EY honestly bring to AZ ?? NEW UNIFORMS for the crew ,some new colors for the seats albeit the same good Magnifica Class of the good old days and ??? network ???!!! show me …new markets ? tell me ..
    Ey has spent yearssssssss throwing money in ailing Air Berlin and just realizing NOW it is not working ,,,EY is now cash trapped ??? well ,customers who have tons of Etihad guest miles are discovering now that the miles won t buy those awards they were planning to buy …lounge access ??? u don t need to be Gold or Platinum anymore ;it does not pay off ;just splash USD200 and jump in the lounge ..

KSHaggag
    Participant

I just forgot to add that I have been almost an advocate for EY ,but I feel betrayed today .
    I did notice over my recent many longhaul flights with EY that they had silently started to cut drastically on services on board in Business Class AND First ( leave the A380 First aside ) ,let alone the crew behavior that left much to desire on many occasions ….

MarkivJ
    Participant

I believe the problems at etihad hq are deeper than we imagined. Some of my mates are flying to India from sfo (economy) (before their sfo service ends next mint end) and the rates! Wow – even lesser than a peak lax – New York ticket!!

trident3
    Participant

When I saw ‘Fly now, pay later’, I thought that RYR’s offer to pilots….

Flightlevel
    Participant

Evolution of a young airline and recent attitudes of some americans to the ME3, they’ll manage it better and maybe improve service too,rather the get a bad reputation?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

MarkivJ – Don’t forget that 6th freedom airlines (and SFO-AUH-India would be 6th freedom) are known to have very good rates from time to time. They would tend to charge less for flights proceeding beyond the hub.

Yesterday @LoyaltyLobby tweeted that BA was selling SFO-LHR-AMS for US$427 return which I am sure is less than the fare BA would be charging for SFO-LHR return for similar dates.

peterraven
    Participant

Yes,indeed. It seems to be limited to UAE based passengers

AMcWhirter
    Participant

peterraven – I’ve been informed by our ME office in Duabi that this EY scheme is also valid in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Details of partipating banks in the UAE, Egypt and Saudi Arabia cab be found on the airline’s website pages.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Yeah, miss a payment and they’ll arrest you on arrival in Abu Dhabi and throw you in jail!

capetonianm
    Participant

I thought that under Islamic law credit was not allowed, or is it perhaps charging of interest?

Interesting, pardon the pun, to know how they will work round that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls