Etihad. Not fit for purpose

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Plane changes happen all the time (and QR are actually far worse for plane changes – especially on DOH – LHR – constantly getting updates to advise of planes changes for clients). I don’t think the J Class on an Etihad 777 is that tired. Couldn’t comment on the A340-600. I would be frustrated if you had hoped to be on these new planes. No doubt when a plane change happens in your favour you don’t complain?

But no compensation would be due. You paid for a Business Class seat and you got a (arguably very good) Business Class seat. Not like you paid for Club World and got Club Europe – then a bit of compensation would be justified.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

As regards Etihad, the aircraft substitution may have taken place on one of the days when Etihad was undertaking A380 crew training which meant that the AUH-LHR flight had to be operated by a B777.

Twitter post dated May 4 from @a380fanclub

https://twitter.com/a380fanclub/status/595462103873548289

superchris
    Participant

Food poisoning on Emirates need to change flight – that will be £1000 for a new ticket please.
    Flight 90 mins late with not a single apology from Qatar? “we are sorry if we didn’t meet your expectations sir”. My expectations? What about yours??!!

IMHO, when all goes well, the ME3 are fine, Lord help you if you have an issue as I find them all from the ‘computer says no’ school of customer service. Their majority SE Asian staff are given zero autonomy or ability to bend rules, or step off script. Ever

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls