Etihad fare restructuring from September 14

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusGB
    Participant

I see on the websites of Etihad worldwide, that they are changing their Fare Structures, in ALL classes, but these go along with the FF Guest Program a few months ago also. They are made very clear:

“Introducing tailor-made fares, for every guest

On 14 September 2015, Etihad Airways will launch Fare Choices. For all bookings ticketed before that date, the existing rules apply.

Fare Choices offer our guests the ability to tailor their journey according to their needs. Some guests want to travel light and on a budget, whilst others want to be able to make last-minute travel decisions, carry extra baggage or earn more miles.

We have created new Fare Choices for our Economy, Business and First Class guests. They vary by:

How flexible you need it to be
    What baggage allowance you need
    How many miles you will earn
    What other benefits you value when you travel – priority check-in, chauffeur service, upgrade eligibility.”

http://www.etihad.com/en-ie/plan-and-book/etihad-fare-choices/fare-choices-overview/

FrequentPR
    Participant

Beware the de facto fare rise or lowering of allowances.

A brave move. Looks like another good reason to fly SQ.

MarcusGB
    Participant

My apologies i have been travelling and did not see the Article. As a regular traveller and Gold member with Etihad, we had not been informed, only by going onto the website had i seen this.

I do find Etihad the most brilliant Airline on the ground and service, but there is a messy administration with their Guest program / FFP.
    Often quadruple or Triple miles as for ALL guests who registered, has to be claimed for through AUH Emails, and then They ask You what code promotion it was?!!!
    Too many people who do not know what their own Department is doing, or Etihad as a whole.

I think the expansion of Etihad is so rapid, but there are areas, as much as i favour them, need greater attention, and indeed repair.

They still offer one of the most generous programs for Business and First travel.
    The new scheme will see any Fist class fare earn 4 miles per actual flown, plus your bonus for you level. The current offer now if you registered, offers all flights before end of December 2015, earning quadruple or triple miles in Business or First which really is beyond what any Airlines has done in a long time.
    The only allowances to be cut really are Economy, and a greater increase in earning in The Premium cabins.

The spending of miles has of course as most FFP’s recently, increased, compared to the changes.
    First Class on the new A380 is only in “Open seats” costing 4 times the previous, and with full flexibility, which many of us choosing a reward seat, use for Personal reward, so this is rarely needed.

Is there anyone on the Forum who will be affected negatively by this?

alistairNicoll
    Participant

I make my last flight sadly with Etihad tomorrow as I took issue with the loss of the chauffeur from some business class fares both the withdrawal and the terrible way it was sneaked in.

It is very surprising that an airline like Etihad can not even communicate properly with it’s Gold card holders. Their marketing leaves much to be desired. 2 months ago I received an email with the offer ” “1 more day to upgrade, don’t miss out!” for my flight tomorrow so it comes as a surprise (or not) to receive the same email again twice in the last 4 days. Either it is the last chance or it is not.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I agree alistairNicoll.

The sneaking in was about 6 months ago, and i did not realise until going into “Manage My Booking” that I noticed I could not book the stopovers or chauffeur cars, My fare was a “Z” business class fare, and on contacting the Card and travel section with American express U\k when booking which classes earn which benefit.

Having said that, t see Etihad remaining as one of the best Airlines, with new aircraft, excellent food in all the cabins, miles earned and of the allowances to the “Guest . The earnings are increased as fro amount paid for, but the redemptions rates increased.

The chart they have produced for the website with the clear benefits to Guest miles earned, is very useful, and should be summarised to the Regular travellers as they are booking.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls