Etihad Airways B777-300ER Pearl Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

EY11 AUH LHR 7 hours 10 mins

Check In

I checked in at the premium area in AUH and after a very short wait (as it was heaving), was checked in promptly and pleasantly, managing to change my inner aisle seat for a window, which was a big bonus.

After check in, I went through the dedicated immigration and security facilities and despite the high number of flights departing, the whole process took a little over 5 minutes.

The Lounge

Etihad’s business class lounge was very busy, but still felt relaxed and roomy and I settled with a glass of Lanson Black Label, to check emails.

After doing that, I then helped my self to an excellent Beef Gohst with boiled rice, from the buffet and waited for the flight.

Boarding

The lounge personnel came around when it was time to board and informed us personally, meaning by the time I’d made the short walk to gate 30, it was straight onto the aircraft and into a nice window seat, with a glass of fizz to ease the pain of an 0235 departure.

Seat

Absolutely top class J seating, the window seat is private, but every one has direct aisle access. Excellent seat. It is also preferable to BA CW, as it is more solid in construction and doesn’t have a footstool that occasionally collapses (per CW.)

The seat is totally flat, no bumps or ridges and gives a good night’s sleep.

Goodies

Etihad isn’t big on giveaways, but I got a small pouch with the essentials and an eye shade was in the headphone bag. I find EY eyeshades to be the best and always keep them, as they are comfortable and do keep the light out.

F&B

As I wanted to maximise sleep, I had eaten in the lounge and skipped dinner; not entirely sure what the range of breakfast was, as I chose the first option, which was smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on an English muffin, washed down with orange juice. Delightful.

IFE

As I had managed 4 hours sleep, I still had just enough time to watch Pacific Rim, from an incredibly wide range of movies. Top class IFE.

Arrival and Baggage

We deplaned at a jetty and I went through flight connections for my next flight.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Interesting review, thanks.

I have just booked for flights on Etihad LHR-AUH-SYD return Pearl Business also, to be taken beginning of 2014. It has been a while since i have flown with EY, but was a silver member of their FFP and a regular when they first started, and they were superb then, with lie flat seats which was way ahead of others.

I do very much value and enjoy their personal service, and “guest” approach to flying. The seat really is excellent and i think also very private. I will use a mix of 773 / 346 aircraft and one of each LHR-AUH / AUH SYD, so be interesting to see the 15 hr flight and how the 2 aircraft feel or differ.

I also enjoy their a la carte meal service on these ultra long flights, once having 4 desserts in a row waking up completely out of sinc between Sydney and Abu Dhabi!!

They still provide chauffeur service each side, AND, for any stopovers which will be taken a few nights in AUH. So they are providing 6 car services in total, plus a free night stopover each time in AUH, and the following nights half price to the best rate, these in 5 star hotels, far superior to anything in Europe.

Great to see they still make great impressions, and much look forwards to flying with them, and completing my own review soon. It is not often we see reviews on Etihad, so thanks for taking the time.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

My pleasure, Marcus and thanks for your kind comments.

I use EY quite a lot and like them.

I had a few flights about 12 months ago when the service was eager, but a little ragged, but the last few have been polished and excellent in every respect. Perhaps the rapid expansion was outstripping the crew training, for a while.

Looking forward to taking them again, next month.

Having used the 332, 333, 345, 346 and 77W, my impression is that the seat area on the 346 is not quite as long as on the 77W, the entrance gap is a little greater and the tray/ledge for specs etc, by the entry, is a little wider on the Boeing, as well. The aisles are a little wider, too, IIRC. Nothing major and it feels like the same product.

I’ve also flown quite a bit on the A320 around the Gulf, but that’s obviously a different kettle of fish, although still very comfortable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls