Etihad Airways A330-200

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Transit in Abu Dhabi

As flight departed from T3 did not have a chance to visit the Priority Pass Lounge in T1. T3 has a lounge for Etihad Premium members.

Boarding: Boarding was swift and we took a bus to the tarmac where we had to walk up the stairs of the A330-200 bound for Brussels.

Seat: Standard Economy Seat with small amenity kit provided, Noise Cancelling head-phones, pillows that can made into neck braces and green blankets. I guess the best feature is the Live TV function where available.

Screen is ok, but Etihad have annoying habit of collecting headphones before landing and Entertainment only works once cruising altitude is reached.

Due to major fog interruptions at Abu Dhabi this flight ended to be a major nightmare. I was basically stuck at the tarmac for 10+ hours before the actual flight to Brussels taking another 7 hours.

During that time, I mostly slept, killed my time watching TV,

No alcohol was served during the 10 hour wait and also food options were limited to sandwiches, cookies, peanut mix and Water.

Catering came to replenish some sandwiches but in the end food remained scarce and we got omelettes and more sandwiches.

I can still not decide if Qatar or Emirates is better and would have handled this fog interruption any better. The food on Etihad is certainly less generous than Emirates and always has Biryani Rice as an option.

Abu Dhabi Airport is more expensive then Dubai and so I wonder sometimes why people fly so often with Etihad.

I am currently still awaiting feedback from Etihad about this experience which no one should ever have to go through.

Verdict:
    Gulf carriers can offer good value but often fail during major interruptions and have poor customer service.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user ETANR2015 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls