Etihad Airways A320

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

After a very tight connection at Abu Dhabi, not helped by the usual late departure from Heathrow, and making sure that my baggage had managed to follow me from the connecting Etihad flight. I was greeted by a very warm and welcoming crew of Air Seychelles, whose actual flight this was. Even though they only have 4 aircraft, I found them to be a lovely flight crew, both on the Abu Dhabi – Seychelles sector, but also on the onwards flight to Johannesburg from Seychelles.

Little touches like not standing over you when taking your orders. . There wasn't any IFE, although with a departure time of 02.25, I cannot imagine that this was the highest priority. The aircraft was an A320 from the Etihad fleet. The business class seats were in a 2 and 2 layout, with a 46 Inch pitch. A good sized pillow was provided, together with a comfortable blanket. The only thing not handed out, and would have really helped, was any sort of amenity kit, even if it was just eye-shades.

The food was an a la carte menu. Starters were a selection of bread/pastries, fruit smoothies or fresh fruit. Main dishes consisted of a number of breakfast dishes, or banana chilli loaf, Due to the time of day,. I passed on the food, but judging by the smell from the galley, it certainly smelt good, and judging by the clean plates of the fellow passengers, it seemed to go down well. For the wine affionados, the wine list consisted of: Champagne was Charles de Cazanove Tradition Brut tete de Cuvée, whilst the red wine selection was Domane des Espiers Cote du Rhone 2013 or D'Arenburg "The Stump Jump" Shiraz 2011 from the McLaren Valley. The white wine selection was a South African Domaine des Dieux Sauvignon Blanc 2010, from Walker Bay, or Terrazas de los Andes Reserva Torrontés 2012 from Salta Argentina. This is the same wine as served on my connecting flight, where I sampled one or 2 of the list.

The arrival into Mahé airport is stunning, you almost wanted to get off the aircraft and go straight to the beach. I left the aircraft, to go to the business lounge as I had an onward flight to Johannesburg.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user basrabob can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls