Ethiopian Business Class Service.Far behind unfortunately.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Otte
    Participant

Recently flew ET on their Dreamliner in Cloude 9( Business Class)
    Completely disorganized.No personal greetings,no discussion of dining options,service starts late ( 2 hours into the flight) in hope that as many passengers would be asleep when finally they start moving.Especialy on early flights out of Addis and late night flight to Addis.Common sense would be to offer a quick service so passengers can go to sleep asap.
    On a recent flight that left TLV at 0100 to Addis,they kept the cabin dark,and didn’t serve anything.You had to press the call button to advise them that you are not asleep and awaiting your food.
    Never seen such a lazy careless crew.
    In best cases the F/A are very gentle and polite,but still a mess of a dining experience,low quality food…but at least their fares are good in Business,very competitive.After all,I’m after my flat bed,the rest is a welcome extra,which ET miserably fails in delivering.

MarkCymru
    Participant

It’s not my experience at all. I’ve always found the food delicious (but then I love Ethiopian food). It’s not the slickest cabin service, but I’ve always found the crews friendly and responsive. I’ve never done the TLV route, but I’ve flown LHR – ADD and on to multiple destinations in Africa. I probably slightly prefer Kenya Airways (and much prefer Sky Team to Star Alliance), but I’d choose Ethiopian above many European carriers

2 users thanked author for this post.

Celticplumber
    Participant

On my one and only Ethiopian flight, DUB-ADD, I asked for a G&T. A long time later I was brought a glass full of neat gin, with an apology, there was no tonic on board! I remember the food being inedible but the coffee being fairly good.

carbonclogs
    Participant

I’m with MarkCymru on ET. I’ve only flown LHR-ADD-CPT and reverse so perhaps the TLV is crewed differently. Crews were friendly but not overly so, service slick and personable. Food good although not always well presented. Slept well although I remember a tall neighbour complaining of tight footwell on dreamliner.

1 user thanked author for this post.

agsteele
    Participant

Sorry, managed report MarkCymru as inappropriate. Not my intention at all…

Rather I would agree with Mark’s observation…

1 user thanked author for this post.

Otte
    Participant

I Guess LHR-ADD is a high profile route that is important to ET,so more effort on CS.
    True about the footwell extremely tight,with the padded cover loose,so you feel the metal base occasionally.
    It’s also true the crews are polite and friendly,but still it takes more than a smile to run a professional business cabin.

MarkCymru
    Participant

You did have me a bit worried about whether I had inadvertently posted something questionable!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls