Emirates Special Fares

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Quick reaction is that the ME J class fares look about GBP500 more than one needs to pay.

VintageKrug
    Participant

They don’t look great value to me.

Where are you seeing these £1100 Business Class fares?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Amadeus, via a whole bunch of consolidators.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

The EK First fares look very good value compared to BA

Tokyo £3,270 Return BA = £6215 rtn
    Sydney £4,783 Return BA = £7032 rtn
    Hong Kong £3,260 Return BA = £5540 rtn

spudseamus
    Participant

WOW!!!! $5719 return to Melbourne!!! yep ill have that !! Oh wait I forgot Im in Melbourne and want to go to London !! yep its $8690!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGRRRRRR!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Of course both Tokyo and Hong Kong are direct from London, whereas Emirates requires a stop in Dubai.

BA fares are always higher just prior to a BA Sale; patience!

RBrown9
    Participant

And if you can get the A380 service with the First Class Private Cabins, on board showers (more than a novelty, very nice) and a bar at the back of the plane all the better. Gives BA’s First Class service a run for it’s money. Plus a free chauffer driven car at both ends of your journey.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s not hugely fair to compare an Emirates Sale Fare with a BA fare which isn’t on sale.

Emirates is certainly a comfortable product, if you like bling, but I’m not certain other aspects are as good; I’d much rather have a BA Pilot running the show, for instance.

But the key USP for BA is direct service; many people value that.

Even outside the sale, you can use the Low Fare Finder to find the cheapest fares:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/deal-finder-list/public/en_gb

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“I’d much rather have a BA Pilot running the show, for instance.”

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is an irrational opinion, for you have neither the training nor professional judgment to evaluate the competency of either pilot.

VintageKrug
    Participant

With respect, you know nothing of either my training or my professional judgement.

As ever, if you wish to make a point about the competence of the Emirates flight crew, then fine, but there’s no need to bring me into it.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

VK the prices i got were using the LFF. I respect the fact they were not on sale but in one case the ticket was half price. Not practical if you want to head West but East. The onboard product is your own affair.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“With respect, you know nothing of either my training or my professional judgement.”

From comments you have made on other threads, I have deduced, using my level of training and experience in commanding aircraft, that you have little, if any, understanding of what it involves.

For example, your concern about pilots in an IFR environment covering windshields to block the sun.

I mentioned your name, as your comment implies that EK pilots are not as competent as BA pilots.

If you wish to edit your remarks, to make it clear that this is not the case, I will gladly delete my post.

RBrown9
    Participant

Whilst the Emirates product certainly does have some “bling” there are elements of their offering that are infinitely superior to those of BA. For example the ICE entertainment system has few rivals. For all those travellers who are not based in London, direct flights to Dubai are offered from Birmingham, Manchester, Gatwick, Newcastle and Glasgow with great onward connections (in Australia, they fly to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth). As for the pilots, EK hire highly qualified and skilled pilots and have an almost perfect safety record. And they have a wonderfully diverse cabin crew who are able to converse in numerous languages (apart from English).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls