Emirates LGW-DXB Business Class – Pleasantly Surprised

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• w8ster
    Participant

In most of my previous experiences, I have not rated Emirates Business Class too highly (still million miles ahead of BA mind you). The flight this week from LGW – DXB on the A380 that had no First and the Bus is on the back section of the upper deck gave me hope that I’d give them a go again in the future.

Boarding was easy and well organised with Business Class using different queue. The champagne arrived as soon as I sat down and plugged in my Bluetooth headset via the adaptor so time flew and we were soon on the way.

I was on the second last row which I was initially worried might be noisy but I had my noise cancelling headset on so if it was I didn’t notice it. As soon as we took off, my drinks and lunch orders were taken and very quickly the drink arrived with a bowl of warm mixed nuts. I fell asleep for a few minutes and next thing I knew, a crew was gently waking me up with my starter. I attached a picture here as it must be the best Emirates meal I have ever had.. Halibut with Scallop and prawn. The rest of the meal was delicious too even if the guinea fowl was a little over for me but would please most others.

The highlight of the flight was definitely the crew at the bar, friendly and charming to everyone that spent time at the bar area and drinks were very well made. Everyone ended up chatting to each other having a very social afternoon talking and learning about each other’s profession. I have been at the bar on other Emirates flight and also on Virgin and crowd was never like this.

Arrival was smooth at DXB, off the plane quick and being resident, the auto gate was fast and luggage were out within minutes.

I’d definitely do this day flight again!

Starter on Emirates LGW - DXB Aug 13th EK12

8 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Sounds like the morning flight, that’s the one I usually take.

I do think Emirates has seen some cost cuts in recent times but the business proposition on A380 is still light years ahead of BA. Chauffeur to airport, decent uncrowded lounge, onboard F&B, seat where you haven’t got to step over someone else, genuine priority baggage, car home in Dubai.

Let’s hope they can sustain it.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls