Emirates First Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• esselle
    Participant

I’ve flown 8 sectors in Emirates first class in the last 6 weeks (LHR-MEL, MEL-GVA-MEL, MEL-LHR) and am very impressed by the consistency of the on board service.

I was lucky to get the “game changer” first cabin on the 773 on the DXB-GVA-DXB sectors. Whilst not as spacious as the SQ suites, it is special as the full enclosure really creates a sense of privacy quite unlike any other. Very comfortable indeed.

It was also good luck to get the refitted first cabin on the A380 DXB-LHR. This echoes the colours of the 773, with cream leather and natural wood finishes rather than the somewhat blingy finishes of old.

Overall, the crews were very efficient and courteous, the food options varied and of great quality, and the wines ranging from quite good to extraordinary. What impresses me most is the consistency of the experience across all 8 flights; I think that is something which a lot of carriers struggle to achieve.

The inconsistencies tended to be at outstations. Mercedes S500 pick up in GVA, a Toyota Camry in MEL. The GVA outsourced lounge was really poor.

The other slight disappointment was the IFE. Whilst there is an enormous choice, there seemed to be a lack of “big hitter” movies but a big number I’d never heard of.

So overall, EK get a big tick from me.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls