Emirates Dubai Connect – who is eligible?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• EU_Flyer
    Participant

Hi there

I’d be grateful if someone could enlighten me about who is eligible for this free stopover service. The EK website is vague as to which booking classes apply and I’ve been on hold with the call centre for 30 mins and now given up.

If anyone knows which booking classes apply or don’t apply I’d be grateful for an update. I don’t want to book a long layover on the fare I’m considering if I can’t get this offer. The website isn’t helping me either during the booking process with any reference to the service.

And yes, I’ll be in economy. Suffering. Painfully. Oh. Woe. Is. Me.

Many thanks in advance.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=870311]Hi there

I’d be grateful if someone could enlighten me about who is eligible for this free stopover service. The EK website is vague as to which booking classes apply and I’ve been on hold with the call centre for 30 mins and now given up.

If anyone knows which booking classes apply or don’t apply I’d be grateful for an update. I don’t want to book a long layover on the fare I’m considering if I can’t get this offer. The website isn’t helping me either during the booking process with any reference to the service.

And yes, I’ll be in economy. Suffering. Painfully. Oh. Woe. Is. Me.

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]

EUFlyer, I’m a bit out of date with this (3 years+) so please take this only as a very general guide and check it out with EK.

Edited to add: PS, IIRC, have have to collect your hotel voucher at the departing airport and not on arrival at DXB.

It used to be available for all classes (FJY), and was based on the elapsed time between arrival and the next scheduled departure to destination.

I only used for J flights to Africa, but IIR, the magic number was 6 hours – it was longer in Y, but I can’t remember the number. If the long layover was caused by pax preference (i.e. you didn’t leave on the next available flight), then you were not entitled.

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

This link informs it is available to Y pax, but it seems to depend on the fare you paid.

https://www.emirates.com/english/before-you-fly/dubai-international-airport/dubai-connect.aspx

Hope it helps.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Many thanks Lugano and FDOS.

I have also found that (vaguely drafted) page and also the reference to the service being offered subject to there not being a shorter connecton available (as FDOS rightly points out).

My hopes of a Dubai stopover courtesy of EK are dashed.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

If you need to nightstop to split the journey, there are normally some decent hotel deals via booking.com or similar, circa £50-55 per night. If you’re interested, just reply here and I write a list of quite survivable places 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Emirates also offer stopover packages, you can break your journey for a short stay in Dubai at no extra cost.
    Go to bookings – advanced bookings – multi destination, then your journey. I just booked:
    mxp=jnb
    jnb – dxb
    dxb = mxp

You’ll see the fare for the leg to dxb then the next leg will show no extra cost.

The difficult part was booking the Dubai stay. Call centre say they don’t have the information, go on the web to web chat, who in turn said I need to speak to the call centre!!
    In the end I booked with booking.com (much cheaper than through the EK site) and I anyway have the chauffeur drive, so no real hassle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls