Emirates CCO resigns

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

No comment yet on why Thierry Antinori has resigned from his post at Emirates.

But one wonders whether there’s any connection to Emirates’ recent financial performance.

Before joining Emirates in 2011 Thierry Antinori was a senior exceutive at Germany’s Lufthansa.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-emirates-airline-moves/emirates-chief-commercial-officer-resigns-after-airlines-profit-dives-idUSKCN1SI07J

nevereconomy
    Participant

Maybe it is time for a change – lots of negative reviews these days. Seems they may have lost the plot and cost-cutting becoming evident…

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Can we please try to play nicely together!!

I have been a contributor and observer of this forum now for many years. For the most part it has been very good natured with a bit of banter but mostly just good quality and useful information or interesting debates on a large number of relevant topics and sometimes topics that were just for fun.

We also went through a dark period where it all became nasty and personal which cost us a number of really excellent contributors who got tired of the threads being used for political or personal attacks on posters. BT did a good job of identifying and removing the offenders and we got back to normal.

I am however concerned from some recent threads that we are starting to see some of the bad behaviours from the past so can I ask that we please remember the purpose of this forum and leave the political and personal issues for other forums.

Thank you.

6 users thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Would I choose EK or QR who both fly from EDI ?

Not as a first choice, I don’t see the point of diverting via a Gulf hub (IST included) when I can have a short hop to northern Europe and then a more direct long haul option.

Add into the mix that DXB is to EK what CDG is to AF and Emirates drops below QR if price becomes irresistible. However CX, LH, AF, KL have all been my airlines of choice as they’ve managed to be better value for money than EK.

I’m assuming there will be a lot more people like me out there!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

If there are any more posts about the political situation / leadership / domestic policy or foreign policy in the Emirates, or in other countries in the Middle East, or anywhere else, they will be deleted.

This is a forum for business travel, not political opinions.

9 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls