Emirates B777-300ER (three-class) Economy class

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

SimonS1
    Participant

LGW to Dubai. As usual for a day flight I travelled Y on the cheapest available fare.

Check in – no queue at the business/first check in and at 7am the fast track was deserted so I was in the lounge within 10 mins of arriving at the airport.

Lounge – undergoing some refurbishment but good selection of hot and cold food. Toast cooked to order. Good supply of English/Arabic papers and magazines. Left the lounge on the second boarding call and a 5 minute walk to the gate.

Boarding – the plane was fully boarded when lounge passengers arrived. There was however some form of UK Border check taking place. Two people checking passports and three watching. Caused a short delay. Welcomed back by cabin staff and cabin manager introduced herself. Flight left on time.

Seat – I had an emergency exit row. Plenty of leg room but armrests a bit hard.

IFE – remains the best I have come across.

Food – as a GCH my order was collected first to ensure I got my preference. I skipped the main meal (chicken tikka or lamb) but the second snack (sandwiches and scone/jam) was fine. 3 bar services.

Service – usual slightly eclectic service on EK with many different nationalities but quite acceptable. The attendants were taking free Polaroid photos of any kids with parents.

Landing and arrival – arrived on time, through immigration quickly (more immigration desks are staffed these days it seems), priority bags out first and within 30 mins of touchdown I was out of the airport and on my way.

Overall good flight and value for £425 inc taxes.

Very balanced review Simon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls