Emirates A380's

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• BPP
    Participant

I note that Emirates have EK384 and EK376 DOH-BKK with only 30 minutes between them.
    Any body tell me if there is any difference in the Business Class seat and layout?
    I have a trip in March with the option of either.
    Thanks in advance.
    BPP

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=976318][/postquote]

EK flies up to 7 lorries per day to BKK… The three classes ones offer the same crappy business class seat. If you are alone, choose window (A or J) or you’ll will end up on the very narrow aisle. I did fly on the two classes, thankfully (as it carries over 600 pax!) so can’t talk about it.

TominScotland
    Participant

If EK are now flying DOH-BKK, then I have missed a major shift in regional political antagonisms…… I think you mean DXB, BPP

2 users thanked author for this post.

BPP
    Participant

Sorry that was a typo, I did mean Dubai. I’ve got so used to Doha with Qatar.
    BPP

mkcol74
    Participant

[postquote quote=976318][/postquote]

A quick Google would have taken you to this site where you can do the research for yourself. Or just used the airline’s own site.

SimonS1
    Participant

Seat Guru is notoriously unreliable.

But EK website has a good section.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/experience/seating-charts/?aircraft=388lfjy-lower-deck

BPP
    Participant

The issue is that I understand that there are two types of seat in J on the Emirates A380.
    It is chance which one is on any particular service or can I assume that the latest seat is now across the fleet?
    BPP

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=976477]The issue is that I understand that there are two types of seat in J on the Emirates A380.[/quote]

The EK A380 J seats are the same more or less. Some newer than others.

The 777s have different J configs. Some are 2-2-2, others 2-3-2.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BPP

sailandfly
    Participant

Hi BPP,

article is from Jan 2019 and somewhere in the middle there is a business seats review:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.luxurytraveldiary.com/2019/01/business-class-on-emirates-a380-reviews-the-best-seats/amp/

BPP

traveldoc1
    Participant

All EK A380s have the same (v good) seat (and go for Rows A or K – not J as one contributor wrote).A and K rows have a slightly longer seat when reclined. The numbering system reveals whether it’s a two class or a three class. Three class start at Row 7 A+K (though have 6D+G); Two Class start at Rows 6A and K

BPP

Suitdude77
    Participant

Boggles the mind why anybody would waste their $$ on the hopelessly outdated EK 777 Biz Class. EK markets itself as a premium carrier, but even with its refurbished Biz on 777 aircraft, its 2-2-2 configuration is antiquated. Lost opportunity to provide a true benchmark Biz product, especially when so many of its competitors offer reverse herringbone, etc with direct aisle access. Even crappy BA has upped its game with the new Club suite on its A350 planes.

4 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Let’s see now. Would I choose BA which has two or three aircraft with the new configuration, or EK where all seats apart from the middle one on the old 777s have direct aisle access.

Returning to the topic of the thread, the seating on the A380 is light years ahead of anything you will get on BA, as is the bar, priority baggage, chauffeur to/from the airport etc etc.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=976940][/postquote]

Excepted the EK business class seat can be as narrow as WTP’s on BA: 18″5. BA old CW is 20″ wide while the new one is 27″. I don’t care paying for a driver if I can have a decent seat, something EK certainly doesn’t provide!

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=976992][/postquote]

Each to their own then. 18.5 inches is fine for me on the A380 configuration..I much prefer the 1-2-1 to the BA stepover class.

By the way most reviews have the new BA seat as 21 wide….not 27.

Suite Escape: A Review of British Airways’ Club Suite on the A350 From London to Dubai

British Airways Reveals Stunning New Business Class Suites

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-6821605/British-Airways-unveils-new-business-class-club-suite-roll-Airbus-A350.html

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls