Emirates A380 Engine Failure

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Communipaw
    Participant

Bucksnet
    Participant

EK have the Engine Alliance GP7000 engine on their A380s. After the Rolls-Royce engine failure on the Qantas A380 it seems the competition is just as (un)reliable.

craigwatson
    Participant

Thats a tad unfair Bucksnet. Engines fail, and it doesnt matter matter what airline or what aircraft type, there is not a single aircraft type out there that hasnt had an engine failure. Make it 2 or 3 in a week and then there may be something to write about

Bucksnet
    Participant

Exactly, that’s my point. There was talk after the Qantas A380 incident that RR engines were less reliable than the competition.

canucklad
    Participant

I don’t think you could call the QF incident a failure!

craigwatson
    Participant

That QF380 really was uncommon. An uncontained failure (where bits are actually ejected out of the engine) is very rare indeed.

Also just to stress, an complete engine FAILURE is rare as well, a fault that leads to an commanded engine SHUTDOWN is if not common, is not rare either.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

The problems are more wide spread….on my last A380 flight we were delayed by three hours as a door wouldn’t close properly. On the one before that the water pumping system malfunctioned shortly after take off forcing a return to SIN.

I am coming to the view I am safer on a 744….

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

The problems are more wide spread….on my last A380 flight we were delayed by three hours as a door wouldn’t close properly. On the one before that the water pumping system malfunctioned shortly after take off forcing a return to SIN.

I am coming to the view I am safer on a 744….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls