Emirates A380 (Config. 1) First class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Schaible
    Participant

The First Class Lounge near gate 123 was a joke. I arrived at 2 a.m. in the morning and the receptionist behaved like he just had to work double shift (sleepy and unmotivated).

The lounge hosted only three passengers at that time. I was negatively surprised by the poor F&B offer. In Emirates BUSINESS Class Lounge the variety is better than here. I was not attracted by the offered food at all but took a salad. Neither on the buffet nor on the tables there was vinegar and oil. I addressed a waiter who (without apologies) told me he would get it from the kitchen within a minute. He came back after five minutes – without my requested items. When I heard that my departure has changed I was even more upset for walking such a long way for this embarrassing lounge.

Boarding was standard but surely not as “first class” as expected. The flight attendant took away the metal basket with crisps and chocolate bars from the table in front of my seat mentioning she will bring it back after take-off. Also this never happened.

Half of the flight I slept before entering the pre-ordered shower. Surprisingly it did not work. I had no choice to put on my clothes again. The flight attendant also tried without success. After 15 minutes she came to my seat and reported the shower in working condition. This time it worked.

One hour before the landing I ordered food from the menu. The food was okay quality-wise but clearly behind Singapore Airlines etc. Again: I was offered bread and rolls but nobody was obviously trained “first class” to offer me butter.

The disembarking in Beijing on A380 is always chaotic. The door on the upper deck for premium cabin is always opened long after the main deck doors. As a consequence you have hundreds of Economy passengers from the same flight lined up in immigration in front of you!

The “Priority First” luggage delivery usually doesn’t work in Beijing. At least half of the Economy passengers left the luggage carousel with their checked bags before mine even appeared.

All in all: The A380 is a nice aircraft but Emirates performs far away from First Class!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls