Emirates A330-200 (two-class) Business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Dubai (DXB) – Doha (DXB)

Check-in was very swift though the whole airport seemed very quiet mid afternoon. The agent suggested I moved my seat since they had “a first class section within business class” so I presumed that this two class service was to be operated by a three class aircraft. I gladly accepted.

I think since last I was on EK they have opened a new wing to the terminal as the lounge is way better than I remembered. Acres of space, smart new furniture and even tens of day beds with blankets just waiting for the non existent passengers.

My flight went from blank on the departures board to final call with no level in between. Most gates are serviced directly by their own access point in the lounge which seems like a great idea until you get on board and realise 30 minutes later that obviously they hadn’t even started boarding the rest of the plane.

As for my “first class” seat this was a total fiction. In fact row 1 is a bad idea anyway since that far forward on the A330 the cabin begins to narrow noticeably. In the end, judging by the fuss made of the passenger next to my original seat, I think they just wanted me out of my seat to give him more space.

The flight to Doha looks like their shortest route and the crew worked hard to bring a reasonable light meal in the very short time available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls