Emirates A330-200 (three-class) Business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I joined this flight to New Delhi in Dubai, having flown overnight from Glasgow. I had spent some time in the Business Lounge where the wifi, in the past very slow, seemed to have improved greatly.

This is a cavan of a lounge but, if you can find a quiet corner, which I did, not a bad space for a wait. I was listening to an interview with Tim Clark, President of Emirates, on my way to Dubai and he was enthusing about the new A380 Terminal that is being built – with a Business Class Lounge to seat up to 2,000 pax and a First Lounge for a mere 900!! Sounds scary, it really does!!

Made my way via the rear of the Lounge to C Gates (formerly Terminal 1) and was struck by the ironic wording of some of the global facts ads from a well known British Bank in view of their just-announced fine in the US…..

Boarding had commenced by the time I got to the gate but I was able to by-pass queues and walk straight aboard. I was seated in the main Business cabin, towards the rear in 10D so the only downside was that Economy passengers had to make their way down the cabin past us.

The cabin was entirely full and boarding took some time. Coats were taken and drinks served. The seat is similar to that on the A340 although the cabin, with 2-3-2 seating, feels a bit more cramped.

Once aboard, we had to wait for a departure slot and were airbore about 30 minutes after scheduled departure. The flying time was only 2’30” so an on-time arrival was projected. This brings home how close the sub-continent is to the Middle East – daft thing to say, I know, but I always saw them as very different worlds until cricket commentators started to talk about sub-continental pitches in Dubai and Abu Dhabi!!

Drinks and meal orders were taken immediately after take off – starting with Gold Card holders although this did not translate into priority service. At least we got the pick of the choices. I chose a very tasty chicken curry dish and some fruit and was able to prepare my presentation for the next day at leisure.

We landed on time and, after a short taxi, were at the gate. I disembarked to be confronted by an ad promoting a competition to win a holiday in……., yes, Scotland!!

There were no queues at Immigration and, as I only had hand luggage, I was out quickly and into the Emirates limo en route to my hotel within 25 minutes of landing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls