EK F Class Seating Lotto

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

fclassflyer
    Participant

I frequently use EK on trips into SEA and East Africa always travelling in F Class. Most of the time I fly out on the EK006 at 22:15 and from many African destinations the best inbound LHR connection is EK 007 at 02:30.

What surprises me is that on these two flights, EK never rosters its Suites product, whereas in my opinion these would be the most appropriate flights to do so given that a large proportion of passengers would be looking forward to an uninterrupted night’s sleep.

However, EK still offer suites on EK 2, 30 and 4 out of LHR at 14:15 / 17:00 and 20:00 and I am unable to discern as to why this is the case.

Equally surprising for me was to find the Suites product in F Class on a 2 hour journey to BOM whereas by 8 hour flight to PVG had the normal 2-2-2 F Class.

Does anyone including those in the know at BT have any idea as to what may be dictating EK’s choices in these matters.

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

The lottery is not only limited to F, it also applies equally to J and Y. When you need good seats in J you get garbage, and on a day flight great seats. You can write to EK/Skywards and get a the usual template response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls