EK A380, which is best to sit in Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

talparis
    Participant

Going to HKG in late December on the EK A380, any tips on which is the best seat to select in Club, upper deck, window, etc etc

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Upper deck, window, no argument. It’s supremely quiet up top, and window seats have useful little side stash bins, like you get on the upper deck of a 747, only bigger.

You don’t get the extra stowage space on aisle seats – only window.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

The window seats also have more legroom than the aisle seats. Also avoid the very rear section unless you like the noise from the bar.

nissefalk
    Participant

Make sure you get a proper window seat as every second row on the windows are actually aisle seat, ie, choose A or K seats,

Agree with the previous post avoid rear most cabin as it is indeed noisy from the bar, I know as I have been one of the noisy ones in that bar….

Another tip if you like Single Malts, in the bar they serve you a 15 yo Glenfidich while from the bar trolley the give you a 12yo.

talparis
    Participant

Thanks TiredOldHack, DontTurnRight & nissefalk for u r help,
    so window/window seat & not in the back is the order of the day.
    Any specific row? (seatguru say 23K in the back)
    & I will keep the 15 yo single malt for u, for u r next flight (I do not drink)

DontTurnRight
    Participant

23k is too far back. Anything in A and K up to the late teens is good for me.

Hermes1964
    Participant

Remember its quite a long cabin and as a result can feel like a bit of a barn.

If you sit towards the front, you don’t get so much traffic going back to the bar or to-ing and fro-ing during the meal service which can get a bit frenetic and prolonged as service is done without trollies.

The compromise may be view as more or less the first half of the cabin is over the wing.

Hope you enjoy it.

esselle
    Participant

Also worth noting that drinks/meal service starts at the front of the J cabin and works back. If I fly EK J class on the 380 I always aim for between 8 and 16 A or K.

talparis
    Participant

Thanks Hermes1964 & esselle I am getting the feel of the cabin thanks to you. You are all a great help.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

“A satisfied customer! We should have him stuffed.” (Basil Fawlty)

talparis
    Participant

stuffed by a TiredOldHack
    no way, I am not that desperate………………

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls