Eiffel Tower-Customer Unfriendly

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Prof.Gupta
    Participant

I had made online bookings for Eiffle Tower lift to summit well in advance. I had made 6 bookings and paid for it on the online booking. Before arriving in Paris with my family, I was robbed in day-light on a busy street in London where I lost large amount of money, other valuables, and my passport. It was a nerve shattering experience. I had to get a new passport issued by Indian High Commission. As I lost my Schengen visa, I made several trips to French Consulate for help (I had all the copies of my visa, my family had their visa) but we were treated very badly by the consulate and they refused to help. We had to cancel our onward trip to Paris and Amsterdam. I immediately wrote to Tour Eiffel client service giving them all the details and if they can refund the money for those tickets given the unusual circumstances we had encountered. But they refused and quoted some law under which they are not supposed to refund the money once the bookings are made. Having regulations is a good thing. But are there no exceptions and discretions to take care of such circumstances? I lost lot of money in train tickets, flight cancellations and rerouting in addition to what I lost in robbery. So the amount lost to Tour Eifffel is not substantial but I wish they were far more customer friendly then what they have shown.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Dear Prof Gupta

Did you have travel insurance??

Regards

Martyn Sinclair

Prof.Gupta
    Participant

Dear Mr. Sinclair:

I did have a travel insurance but I realised it did not cover for anything other than lost passport (expenses for getting a new passport to be reimbursed). Baggage loss was only in case of air travel transit loss and not for robbery. Any other coverage was of no use. Best regards. Gupta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls