Egyptair receives ‘remedy slots’ from BA to operate x3 daily Cairo

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Latest round of slot transfers at London Heathrow sees BA lease one of those ‘bmi remedy’ slots to Egyptair.

Therefore Egyptair will be operating x3 daily flights Heathrow to Cairo.

The new flights for summer 2024 can now be booked. They are MS783 and MS784.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

Clearly there is demand for this route.
    Not a carrier I would rush to fly with personally.

Rferguson2
    Participant

I could be swayed if given the choice between an Egyptair 777 or a BA A321 with euro business. Especially from LHR, with MS belonging to Star so a great choice of lounges at T2. BYO booze though.

2 users thanked author for this post.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

My nephew recently flew to Cairo (the city’s secondary airport I believe) with easyjet. I can’t see much difference between BA & easyjet in terms of the economy offering and, on this occasion at least, easyjet was significantly cheaper.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Paul
    Participant

MS is almost incapable of keeping to its published schedules. Flights are often delayed by hours meaning if you have a connecting service art CAI, you might be in for an anxious time. I know because I am talking from experience.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

Interesting to see that Vueling returns to LHR using slots leased from BA in the summer season. Vueling will link to its hubs with flights to Paris Orly (1 daily), and Barcelona (2 daily), this might free up BA to add more frequencies to Italy.

PA_Flyer
    Participant

I agree. Am due to fly MAN-CAI-ASW soon & decided to overnight in Cairo with 9 hour stopover rather than risk the same day 90 minute connection. Similar decision on return flight. Security checks are often chaotic causing long delays on transfer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls