Economy better than business for value on cathay poor a330 ancient business

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• christ
    Participant

I was very impressed with economy on Cathay as i refused to pay 4 times the price for a PE equivalent seat for business on the A330 relics to Ho chi Minh.

Service was better than business – welcomed as one world emerald in economy and asked my food choice before we took off (rarely happens in business). Food came first rather than waiting for random service in business. Always topping up drinks.

I was probably lucky as was hk crew.

cwoodward
    Participant

Glad that you were impressed with an excellent Cathay economy class flight.
    Almost all Cathay crews (95%+) are HK based

BTW
    Cathay do not (normally) offer PE to HCM – the fare that you quote is in Business Class.
    – $8262 against $2602 for Economy.

stevescoots
    Participant

I think what Christ meant was the 330 being used is 2+2+2 reclined seats, not the lie flat, so being somewhat tongue in cheek.

2 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

I suggest Christ tries British Airways business class LHR-CAI to see what a really bad business class looks like (hint 5 hours, 30″ seat pitch, A321).

3 users thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

christ I can believe you. In Y if you do not have a neighbour you have a reasonable amount of space and good crew can make all the difference! I flew SQ A340 back in the day from SIN to BKK in Y and it was one of the best short haul flights I have been on. Last year I flew LHR-ORD on BA in a A380 in Y upstairs and the crew – most very young, were very attentive, efficient and motivated. I just hope BA looks after them and they stay!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls