Easyjet's third A321 neo

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Apropos of nothing in particular, other than I thought some readers might find it of interest, I found myself on one of Easyjet’s new A321 neo aircraft yesterday on a flight back from Kalamata.

It was a last minute aircraft change, and the aircraft in question had only been in operation with Easyjet for a few days (it’s the carrier’s third A321 neo delivery, the first being back in July).

Easyjet takes delivery of first A321neo

As one of the cabin crew announced – “this aircraft is brand spanking new, so be gentle with her”.

So new in fact that the October edition of Easyjet’s Traveller magazine still suggests that the carrier doesn’t have any A321s in service as yet (see image).

They had to do a fair bit of moving passengers around to ensure weight distribution for take-off and landing, as the A321 has 235 seats, compared to 186 on the A320 aircraft we were supposed to be on, and we were all crowded towards the front half of the aircraft as per our allocated seating.

Have attached a few images (apologies for not getting one of the exterior on the walk to the aircraft at Kalamata – I was carrying my son in my arms!).

One point of interest (for me at least) – they announced at the start of the flight that “in an attempt to reduce waste”, all sandwiches, wraps, toasties and pizzas would be half price, as “they had hardly sold anything on the outbound flight”.

Sounded good, but of course everyone went mad buying twice as much, and by the time they reached us in row 20, there wasn’t a single fresh item available. Which is why I’m still munching on a huge bag of Maltesers back at my desk…

E3

E4

E2

E1

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls