Easyjet Low cost Check-in for the deceased!

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

This man was being checked in by relatives, but Dr’s concluded he had been dead for 3 days!
    However, he was disguised in sunglasses, & a hat & wheeled to Liverpool Airport to check in for his flight. Those presenting him it states clearly knew this, and have been arrested, yet presented him at the airport…

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article7088915.ece

(Dare i say tongue in cheek folks,) I would like to know…

Why Internet check in was not used, he would have got to board & few would have noticed?

Had he paid for Speedy Boarding?

Is he entitled to a refund on his tax & Airport security charges, if he was not alive to travel?

What are the rules on denied Boarding compensation, if you appear to be deceased & are denied travel?

Some Airlines will refund monies if you are hospitalised & present a medical certificate. Will Easyjet extend this rule to a death certificate?

Indeed from today Dr’s only issue “(How) Fit notes” not sick notes, so we have gone completely PC mad imposed on us in another Government Nannying!

I am pleased that staff at Easyjet were aware that their check in passenger was not fit to travel, but perhaps on Board with the low cost service, no one would have noticed!

Maybe the bus transfer would have revealed more…?

I apologise in advance for being Un-PC…which we all know is completely unacceptable in the UK anymore.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

i would dare to say that perhaps as a criminal activiity was perhaps performed that the th esoon to be criminals mayhave to forfeit their tickets., The least that can be done is for the tairport tax paid be refunded to pay the legal costs that i have a feeling will be claimed through legal aid. The police could always hold onto the evidence until fines ahve been paid.

Who on earth would try to pull this one off. Sad as the stroy appears, you have to question the sate on mind anyone has in trying to check a dead person in to any flight. It is something out of a Basil Faluty sketch.

Sorry to be brazen about this bit it is a very odd story and equally odd people who have tried to do this.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

This is not as rare as you may believe; this has been tried on numerous occasions with passengers trying to get dead passengers onto PIA flights in Manchester for burial back in Pakistan.
    The cost to fly human remains as cargo and the associated undertakers fee’s are huge compared to an economy ticket!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls