Easyjet begins long-haul flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

robsmith100
    Participant

Dont know if this one did the rounds but last week Easyjet began long haul flights to Amman and hope to attract business pax with flexible airfares.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/14100558-5c90-11e0-ab7c-00144feab49a.html?ftcamp=rss#axzz1IjArFdIk

stevescoots
    Participant

too far for me to use easy. I did istanbul with them and the flight time is a little too long to be cramped the thier seats.

tahs said anything under 2 hours in europe I swear by them

craigwatson
    Participant

That is not long haul, not anywhere close, borderline short haul/mid haul. long haul is over 9 hrs, mid haul 5-9 and anything less is short haul, amman is 5:10

David
    Participant

Easyjet has been flying to Tel Aviv for some time now. Amman is about another 15 mins flying time.

craigwatson
    Participant

Easy has been doing sharm for a long time and it’s :40 minutes longer than the flight time to amman (sorry thats MAN-SSH, for the time i gave)

travelworld
    Participant

I still wouldn’t fancy 4 plus hours on Easyjet, though they are fine for anything shorter..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I wouldn’t fancy Easyjet for any flight. I prefer the mainstream carriers where I can decide at the last minute if I want to check in a case without having to pay extra, or decide to go hand baggage only without losing what I paid to check a case in.

Then there is the seat selection, often at the time of booking, lounges and so on.

Mainstream airlines are just more comfortable overall and for this comfort I’m willing to pay some extra.

craigwatson
    Participant

well Lugano, you are still paying for that check in baggage with the mainstream, its just included in the price, so if you do go carry on only, then you are paying for something you arent using. if you want the flexibility to take/not take baggage then just pay the baggage fee and you can do want you want.

the only difference in the price structure of the LCC is that it gives you choice. which is better if you ask me. Now im just talking about the price structure here, not hard product.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls