Easyjet .. advice on which seat .. please

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Bullfrog
    Participant

I cant decide whether 1A, 2A, 2K, or the exit rows are the best options, and would appreciate advice.

I’m not fussed about being the first onboard, its the legroom I need.

With the front row, if there is a bulkhead, then often the legroom is reduced.

Advice gratefully received.

JPNU
    Participant

I think the answer would depend on which plane you were flying. Perhaps try SeatGuru?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=856157]I cant decide whether 1A, 2A, 2K, or the exit rows are the best options, and would appreciate advice.

I’m not fussed about being the first onboard, its the legroom I need.

With the front row, if there is a bulkhead, then often the legroom is reduced.

Advice gratefully received.[/quote]

2K? easyJet aircraft are ABC-DEF

2A is standard pitch. 1A legroom is about 3-4 feet in front of the seat (there is no bulkhead on the ABC side on any easyJet aircraft I’ve flown on, since they got rid of the ex GB 321s), but the slide cover on the door intrudes into it, beware. The best legroom on the aircraft are 1B and 1C. The seats in the first row on the DEF side are limited in legroom by a bulkhead and you propbably won’t like those.

The exit rows are my favourite, the legroom isn’t huge (unlike the 737), but IIRC is about 34″, so like BA used to be in Club Europe, before they decided to become a premium airline.

capetonianm
    Participant

I like 1F as I’m not tall and the bulkhead in front of me doesn’t worry me unduly on a short flight.

On some of the a/c 1ABC don’t have a bulkhead in front but if you are in those seats you have everybody trooping past you as they board, which personally I can’t stand, but perhaps that’s just me. You also have 2 cabin crew seated opposite you until they are released from the seats, which may or may not be a good thing, but mostly I find I don’t appreciate their inane chatter.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Only 3 weeks ago took 1a and b for my wife to Tenerife, so 4 hours which is a long time for me in economy, but it was ok. Good leg room to the bulk head, better than I expected. Seats a little narrow to accommodate the inarm tables but was ok.
    On the counter to that Thomas Cook premium economy return A321 was awful, with a seat narrower than my Eazyjet flight and my knees pressing into the seat back in front.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Interesting – which aircraft have a bulkhead on the ABC side? Is it the refurbished A320 or the A320neo? I haven’t flown on either of those.

capetonianm
    Participant

I think it’s the Neo. Based on my most recent flights, I reckon I’ve seen it on about 1 in 4 flights.

capetonianm
    Participant

On reflection, probably not as much as 1 in 4. About 1 in 10 I should think.

DNAdams
    Participant

I have been informed by an Easyjet FA friend of mine that on their A320s they are moving the rear toilet back so they can add two more rows of 3 seats and then putting a bulkhead in front of 1A, B & C so the crew have more room to work as the rear galley space is reduced. He now complains that he can’t see the cabin during take off and landing because of the new bulkhead. This will be for all new A320 and they will be retrofitting the existing ones.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I would avoid 1ABC for the reasons stated, and also because you have to stow your bag (for safety reasons) and so can’t keep your things with you.

In addition when you land you have to fight your way backwards to retrieve your bag from an overhead locker a couple of rows back.

For that reason I always pick rows a few further back – typically 4 and 5.

The bulkhead is there on the NEO – I have a picture of it I will post.

Easyjet-front-row-NEO

mkcol74
    Participant

I’d always go for the overwing exit, and even pay for those seats to ensure I get them. You get far enough down the cabin to ensure you’ll get overhead bin space (unless you dawdle onboard at the very end of embarkation) and there’s sufficient legroom to be comfortable enough.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls