Duty free bought in Doha as a carry-on?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

first_class_please
    Participant

Yes, if bought in Doha airport and next stop is your final point.

SimonS1
    Participant

If all duty free bought in Doha was confiscated before people got on planes it would be a great commercial racket. You could sell the same booze over and over again…..unlimited profits.

Isn’t the duty free after security, in any case?

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Thanks, both. No a confession – I didn’t mean Doha, I meant Bandranaike Airport, Colombo. Dunno what came over me – going to LHR via Doha and I’m pretty sure there won’t be time to shop in Doha with a 50-minute connection.

So, Colombo airport to LHR – carry-on OK?

first_class_please
    Participant

From Doha airport website:-

As a transfer passenger you may carry alcoholic beverages in your baggage. However these must be packed in containers of less than 5 litres.

Please note if you intend to exit the airport and visit Qatar before continuing your journey, then alcoholic beverages cannot be brought into the country under any circumstances. These will be confiscated and you won’t be able to retrieve them at any time.

If you’re travelling to Australia and have purchased alcoholic beverages or cosmetics from an airport other than Hamad International Airport, then these will be confiscated at your onward flight’s boarding gate. This procedure is in accordance with Australian regulations. – See more at: http://dohahamadairport.com/airport-guide/at-the-airport/security-customs#sthash.gowGA1Vo.dpuf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls