Dubai airport flooded today (April 16)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• FDOS
    Participant

first_class_please

Thanks. The only impact I’m expecting in Dubai, having liaised with my course coordinator, is a room change to a different level in the hotel, due to the storm affecting the original.

This has pretty much zero impact, so compared to others, I’ve been very lucky.

FDOS
    Participant

Arrived at AUH early Sunday morning – only one obvious sign of floods was muddy trails on the taxiways.

During the drive to Dubai, had to go via the Truck road as usual route was still closed.

Found quite a bit of standing water enroute, one with a van about 50% submerged, so must have been 1-1.5m deep.

In Dubai, it was generally clear, however standing water in Al Barsha, next to Mall of the Emirates was nearly level with the pavement and required avoiding action from ‘waves’ when vehicles passed by.

It suprised me how much water remains (and to be clear, the civil defence authorities had pumps and tankers out in strength) given the sunny 30 degree weather.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls