DUB T1 lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Now Aer Lingus is a fully IAG owned airline, why do BA passengers have to use a third party lounge at Dublin airport (T1)? What’s the story behind?

I’m asking as the Aer Lingus lounge is much nicer…

1 user thanked author for this post.

FrDougal
    Participant

Well two different terminals for starters. I know the walk isn’t the worst but still.

We can use it if Gold/Silver and travelling with EI to London. Not really sure why we cant use it for BA. But if Im honest, although the interior is nicer, iv never found the offerings in the EI lounge to be any better than the DAA lounge in T1!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Polly
    Participant

Fr Douglas (love the name)

Only thing we liked about the EI lounge was the shower facilities. View is better too. Before they upgraded the DAA lounge couple of years ago. The food and drink offerings were better in DAA, but they used to let me nip over to EI for shower. Often needed after a bus ride to the airport, l might add. But, yes agree, strange they turn us away as a BA pax. Different owners?

2 users thanked author for this post.

PatJordan
    Participant

I haven’t been in the EI Lounge since the pandemic, but I think it has been refurbished to some extent with food available to order at table through a QR Code.

I have had two early morning visits to the DAA T1 Lounge (BA Club Europe) and found it comfortable, though the food was limited to breakfast cereals, bread, crackers, cheese and some savoury nibbles. That said, it was quite enough for breakfast, and a nice place to while away the time before boarding. It is also very close to Duty Free shopping: now available to UK travellers.

I have fond memories of the DAA lounge when it was BMI Diamond Club many years ago, before they were swallowed by BA.

Stay safe everyone.

Pat

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls