Drunk air passenger arrests up 50 per cent

Back to Forum

This topic contains 31 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  canucklad 17 Jan 2018
at 11:54

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

I completely agree with the above. I can’t remember the last time – if ever – I had a drink before lunchtime. I feel nauseated when I see people at airports early in the morning swilling down pints of beer, and then witness the resulting behaviour.

Given that the sale and use of alcohol on flights and at airports seems to cause more problems than it’s worth, I agree with banning it or imposing very strict rationing.

Call me Mother Grundy if you will but it would solve a lot of problems.

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Globalti and capetonianm
    I’m totally against banning anything that responsible people can choose to enjoy, regardless of the place or time of day.
    Remember that air travel allows us to quickly travel across time zones, so you could be sitting in a lounge at LHR and still be on HK time , and using the logic of not before lunchtime, not having a drink on your 11.00 westbound flight to JFK would also fit the rule.

I whole heartily agree with you, that pests need to be dealt with, regardless of whether its 7am or 7pm , but I’m not a pest, so why should I be sanctioned.

Remember, every time government intervenes we lose another freedom of choice or benefit that we used to enjoy responsibibly..
    I live in Scotland and I’m continually subjected to these interventions. The next one (ironically considering the topic) being an implementation of a minimum price on alcohol units, that’s after the removal of alcohol promotions on price.
    All at a price, and all because there is a small fraction of the population amongst us that can’t take control of themselves and require the nanny state to take control.

Would you ban BMW’s , based on the stereotype?
    Would you ban Red lights because it encourages prostitution?
    Would you ban football to stop anti-social behaviour?
    Would you ban pet dogs because of poo’ey pavements?

I could go on?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls