Dream come true!

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

Goodbye short hop to YVR or SFO…! per Airlineroute, CX is set to start 4x weekly to Seattle next March on their A359. Only downside is that it reaches HKG at 5am and my usual connections to Indian cities BLR and HYD are at least a good 12 hrs away so it’ll be a long transit (perhaps tour the town?!)

Still, great news! It’s nice seeing SEA grow.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m pleased for you Markiv, it’s always great when it works like that.
    If I have a long stopover like that I usually take a day room in a hotel. If i’m not mistaken there is one attached to (or very close) HKG.

canucklad
    Participant

Good Morning MarkivJ, if your still awake : )
    Great news for Seattle, and I wonder how many Washingtonians south of Bellingham head up to YVR to specifically use CX or AC rather than a SeaTac based airline.

Plus, the 350 is a great aircraft, and with CX’s service it should be a WOW moment for you.

I’m sure you’ve possibly already ventured in to the city, but if you haven’t you can get a lot done in 12 hours.

If you need suggestions, I’m sure you’ll get a lot quite quickly !

MarkivJ
    Participant

Hi there, yes I flew CX A350 in March (HKG – YVR) and was very impressed. I’ve already flown twice with them this year from YVR and SFO respectively.

A key element in my CX experience (which has always been excellent) is the lounge experience. Im curious about which lounge CX will point their travellers to. I’ll be disappointed if they point us to the Seattle BA lounge (as is the case in BOS). The return flight to HKG leaves at 1am Seattle time making it the last international departure from SEATAC (and the evening BA departure is at 7pm). So, the BA lounge is going to have to stay open quite late!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls