TAP: Downgrading Africa

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Manuel
    Participant

TAP has long been a reliable carrier towards Africa, but lately they seem to have lost their interest.

Last time we chose them (last time for sure) the plane was operated by Hi Fly, apparently something they do often now.

When booked last year and again in April, there was no word of a different operator.

Not that this is unheard of, but if you expect a Star Alliance Service and end up in an airplane without entertainment, soap or toothbrushes, you somehow feel cheated (or could have chosen any other airline).

Checking with our corporate travel agency, they confirmed that they could see the plane in the system, yet TAP denied using the operator more often and still don’t show them on the tickets/while booking.

Doesn’t stop them from using them frequently and therefore downgrade anyone going to Maputo…

Of course no reply from their side.

Swissdiver
    Participant

TAP operates A320 family (with a short haul configuration) for many West Africa destinations which in my view disqualify them as an option to travel there. From Europe, it is essentially BA to English speaking countries and AF plus SN to the French speaking ones.

capetonianm
    Participant

I used them quite a lot from JNB but since they dropped that non-stop route I’ve never considered them as I have no interest in going via MPM or even worse, LAD.

Have used them on shorthaul. and to the Azores a few times and they are good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls