Double security check

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

Being reasonably well travelled, I saw number of awkward things here and there. But a full fledge security check (metal detector plus luggage scan) immediately followed by … a second one: that was a first! In Nairobi, for some reason, BA and the local authorities apparently couldn’t agree, so they each run their screening, back to back. There is only one word coming up to my mind: ridiculous!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I never understand why in the UK there is a TREBLE security check.

1. Metal detector arch

2. Hand held metal detector

3. Fingers inside trouser waistbands, after the hand held metal detector has been across

I support all airport security measures, but do not find it acceptable that operatives have any need to touch bare skin and make intrusive checks inside trousers….

As for the continual brushing of the penis… all jokes aside…. what an earth do they think could be packed in my underpants…. a bottle of liquid above the 100ml….!!

SimonS1
    Participant

Nothing surprises me in Nairobi, Swissdiver. The screening on entry to the terminal is a joke with people milling around – I always assumed that’s why BA (and other airlines) repeated it at the gate.

I had my BP checked 8 times on a recent trip with EK. Including one instance at the gate where it was checked and I literally took one pace forward…”can I see your BP please”. Totally laughable. Al Shaabab would have a field day if they wanted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls