Domodedovo airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

joeadvisory
    Participant

Comments pl much appreciated
    I am flying on BA to Moscow on Saturday arriving around 530pm

1. What is best way to get from airport to downtown
    2. I am staying at the intercontinental is this a good choice if not can u recommend other hotels
    3. I have 1 yr multiple entry visa what is immigration like are there big long queues

Many thnx

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Certainly by train – good direct train connections from the airport – entry usually easy (if you avoid russian holiday periods) – now probably fine sadly I can’t comment on hotels as I stay with friends.

K1ngston
    Participant

When I used to go there (albeit a few years ago) the Intercontinental was the Metropole near the Bolshoi… If thats still the case the hotel is a fine hotel (not a faceless new design box) and from what I remember the staff and services were very good!

Don’t know about traffic these days in years gone by it was a nightmare depending on the weather…

Good luck

Twells1961
    Participant

I was there last week – the train from the airport is very easy, takes about 40 minutes and joins the metro system downtown. The metro system is easy to navigate once you get used to the Russian names. The Intercontinental is a great place to stay – about 300 metres from the nearest metro station and a couple of tube stops from Red Square. Beware though – it was freezing cold and there was heightened security because of the Olympics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls