Doha lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• rodders
    Participant

morning
    Well I tried the honest route and was firmly directed to the Business Lounge, shown the Lounge Access Policy just to reinforce. Next time opt for the business centre route, though I have to say that QR upgraded the offerings in the Business lounge, so if the transit time is not significant its usually OK just busier than the F lounge. Safe travels.

Gold-2K
    Participant

Having used both lounges in the premium terminal, aside from first being less busy than the business lounge, I didn’t feel there was a massive difference. Both good. In fact I seem to remember it’s basically the same room subdivided by some lightweight screens and pot plants. I would not feel badly treated if I was directed to the biz lounge instead of first.

esselle
    Participant

I am not sure I understand this obsession with bucking the system.

If your ticket only allows access to the J class lounge in DOH, what drives you to think you should be able to get into the F class lounge when you have no right to?

Surely airline lounge operators should be able to count on a degree of integrity on the part of their pax?

If you were sitting in J on board, do you think it would be acceptable to sneak into the F cabin and nab an empty seat when nobody was looking?

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Can I ask has anyone been with QR from or Via Doha this week and been able to use the new business lounge? I saw a review on trip advisor from a passenger who said they had used the new business lounge on August 1st and it was excellent, then a review the day before July 31 where the passenger was turned away from the temporary lounge. I ask as I will be on QR in the next two weeks en-route to Asia.

Ahmad
    Participant

G&T,

first_class_please posted a review yesterday in the thread titled ‘Opening of New Doha Airport’. He reports that the new lounge is now open and that he was turned away from the temporary first class lounge.

Happy travels and I look forward to your review of the lounge since I regularly travel on QR but have been avoiding it recently because of teething problems at the new airport.

rodders
    Participant

G&T
    I used the new Al Mourjan lounge a couple of weeks ago, it was very impressive indeed, i was on a short connection so had little time to sample the full offering but think old premium terminal x 3 for space, a proper restaurant style space, and a nice touch of fresh water bottles and dates at each chair, though not sure how the army of staff will keep this up as people rotate through the lounge, but overall a seemingly great place to spend a few hours between flights.

esselle
    Participant

rodders

Agree, and the “ipad” style screen and charging points at each seat are a bit of a plus.

BTMEEditor
    Participant

I have been invited over to HIA today and will be spending most of the afternoon there. Certainly the photos of Al Mourjan look impressive.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m looking forward to reading your write up. Will this be published in the UK edition as well? If not can we have a link to the finished article?

first_class_please
    Participant

BTMEEditor – please do try and find out when the Al-Safwa first class lounge will open.

I have been unable to gain any information on this…

BTMEEditor
    Participant

LP, I will write up a piece in the October issue of BTME…plenty to include. I’m not sure if Tom and the team want to share it, I’m sure you’ll be reading about HIA in other editions soon.

first_class_please: I did ask honest! No specific date yet. I’m told the first class lounge is currently being used for VIPs. Al Mourjan isn’t a bad standby though, impressive for all the points raised earlier (individual monitors etc).

Attention to detail impressed me as much as the scale – eg tailfins to aid navigation on flight display screens…has there ever been such an area devoted to a deli?! The toilets wouldn’t have looked out of place in a five-star hotel. The business centre had a place to relax, complete with a stylish wooden table football!

I liked the duty free offering, separate boutique design for the stores, and food looked varied with some interesting design touches…slightly different experience on the first floor of Gatwick last week!

BTMEEditor
    Participant

How many int’nal airports have ‘distress’ F&B venues that can accommodate large numbers of pax in the event of major disruptions?

First time I came across this concept on Tuesday, when I saw Marché at HIA, which can hold up to 600 people (you can go in anytime, it’s open round-the-clock).

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls