Does BA have computers ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Booked award ticket LHR-MAD-EZE for friend. Both our e-mails on the booking. Small flight time change on return MAD-LHR sent to me but not to him. Must be equipment change so seat changed – it was paid so went and put original back. Then LHR-MAD cancelled – he was informed, I was not. Call(no way BA lets you do this online) and get through super fast – plenty of possibilities to alternative flights and helpful agent, but long wait as they have to get others involved, go down the hall, get it signed off, then
    I have to wait goodness knows how long for a confirmation e-mail (they mentioned 10 days) as the sales office needs to confirm. This is the kind of issue I have noticed everywhere in the UK since my return from the US – technology not being used to increase productivity.
    All the above should have been taken care of with no human involvement – new flights, correct seats, e-mail to me could have been there in minutes, not days. I know BA is particularly bad in this respect, but I have experienced it repeatedly here in various settings – starting my deferred State Pension was like something from before the Age of Steam in their use of technology.

ASK1945
    Participant

I know BA is particularly bad in this respect, but I have experienced it repeatedly here in various settings – starting my deferred State Pension was like something from before the Age of Steam in their use of technology“.

I recently had to attend the local hospital’s Urgent Care Centre. The receptionist at the door spent some minutes entering all my non-medical details into the computer. A few minutes later I was called through by the triage nurse, who sat behind her own computer, about 20 metres away from the initial receptionist, (near enough for bluetooth). She proceeded to ask me all the same questions again. I said I had already given that information. She replied that the computers are not linked.

I computerised my own healthcare non-NHS owned business using PCs in 1982.

DerekVH
    Participant

In many NHS Hospitals the Urgent Care function is often outsourced to a third party but it is ludicrous if they do not have access/input to the Trust’s IT system.

SimonS1
    Participant

Sadly when it comes to tech, BA is still in the Pentium era.

ASK1945
    Participant

DerekVH – in my example, all the staff were NHS hospital personnel, not third party.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

In my experience whislt living in Spain the local health centre/GP´s can talk to consultants and medical records are accessible to all medics whose care you are under.

FormerBA
    Participant

Indeed, but Spain has not had 13 years of total Tory chaos with an ideology that is hell bent on the destruction of the NHS as a model

3 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

Does BA have computers ?

SimonS1
    Participant

FormerBA: no,but BA had 15 years of Willie Walsh…

stevescoots
    Participant

ZX 81 more like it

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Sadly Sir Clive has moved on, but Alan Sugar and Amstrad are available to help upgrade BA.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

FormerBA – oh really: you can do better than that

2 users thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

It is everywhere I have found – came to pay the roofer his $1000 for a repair and “person who knew how to use the card machine” had broken her foot and the owner did
    not know how !!!!! Who cannot learn that in a couple of minutes?
    We had computers on every desk in my company in the US donkeys years ago and custom programs to do the fiddly stuff BA needs on theirs, because it was more productive
    and you needed to pay less people !!!! And of course you could give your customers better service, a concept sadly not always at the forefront in this country.

miningguy
    Participant

Just booked a ticket through BA.com. Worryingly they sent the ticket to a completely separate email address not associated with the booking or indeed my account for at least 7 years. Compounded by repeated data issues at BA, this does not fill me with much confidence on how or if they have reformed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls